Nelson Truck Repairs & Spares will be visiting the West Coast between 22-26 MARCH 2021…
Nelson Truck Repairs & Spares Ltd requires a new team member to join our rapidly expanding business which is run on family values. We are locally owned and operated with no dealer or corporate politics.
This is a permanent full time role. We operate a full mechanical truck workshop and parts department.
The role involves servicing and repairing a wide range of trucks, trailers and light commercial vehicles, including forklifts and other vehicles such as cars, vans, motor homes, buses and earthwork equipment.
Our wish list is for someone with the following:
- Ability to competently diagnose faults and make repairs with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience with hydraulics would be an advantage
- Sometimes we have to work to a tight time frame – can you do this?
- Meticulous in all aspects of your work
- Focused on workplace health and safety
- Honest, hardworking and have your own tools (some supplied)
- A mature ‘people’ person – someone who has a fantastic sense of humor
- Willing to work every 3rd Saturday morning
- We are an 8am – 5pm business. However, we need someone who understands the pressure on the transport industry so you must be willing to exceed expectations to get our customers back on the road. Sometimes you may be required to stay a little longer at the end of a day to get the job finished.
- Qualified Heavy Diesel Technician with a minimum 4 years’ experience
- Hold a full clean Class 1 to 5 licence
- Reliable and professional
- Have excellent housekeeping disciplines and time management
We operate a drug free workplace and have annual health and well-being check-ups. Pre-Employment drug testing will be required.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and be in NZ now.
Apply now for this role or get more information by emailing Kay Bradley at [email protected]