One of our techs installing an engine after carrying out chassis repairs on this Hino…
Nelson Truck Repairs & Spares Ltd requires a new diesel technician or 3rd year apprentice to join our rapidly expanding family business which is locally owned and operated and run on family values.
This is a permanent full time role. We operate a full mechanical truck workshop and parts department where the successful applicant will be part of a small but valued team in our busy workshop.
The role involves servicing and repairing a wide range of trucks, trailers and light commercial vehicles, including forklifts and other vehicles such as cars, vans, motor homes, buses and earthwork equipment.
We are looking for someone with the following:
(Note: if you are a 3rd year apprentice, you need to be enthusiastic and work towards achieving the following)
- Ability to competently diagnose faults and make repairs with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience with hydraulics would be an advantage
- Sometimes we have to work to a tight time frame – can you do this?
- Meticulous in all aspects of your work
- Focused on workplace health and safety
- Honest, hardworking and have your own tools (some supplied)
- A mature ‘people’ person – someone who has a fantastic sense of humor
- Willing to work Saturday mornings as required
- We are an 7am – 5pm business. However, we need someone who understands the pressure on the transport industry and be willing to exceed expectations to get our customers back on the road. This may include staying a little longer at the end of a day to get the job finished.
- Qualified Heavy Diesel Technician or 3rd year apprentice where you will be fully supported in completing your MITO apprenticeship
- Hold at least a full clean Class 1 licence and be willing to gain other classes
- Reliable and professional
- Have excellent housekeeping disciplines and time management
We operate a drug free workplace and have annual health and well-being check-ups. Pre-Employment drug testing will be required.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and be in NZ now.
If you want to work somewhere awesome, then apply now for this role or get more information by emailing Kay Bradley at [email protected]