As the holiday season approaches, it's time to dust off the cobwebs and prepare your…
Nelson Truck Repairs & Spares Ltd requires a new Diesel Mechanic or 3rd year apprentice to join our rapidly expanding family business which is locally owned and operated and run on family values.
We operate a full mechanical truck workshop and parts department located in Nelson. Our new Diesel Mechanic or 3rd year apprentice will be part of a small but valued team in our busy workshop.
This role involves servicing and repairing a wide range of trucks, trailers and light commercial vehicles. We also service forklifts and other vehicles, such as cars, vans, motor homes, buses and earthwork equipment – our new Diesel Mechanic or 3rd year apprentice won’t be bored!.
Our new Diesel Mechanic or 3rd year apprentice will have:
- Ability to competently diagnose faults and make repairs with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience with hydraulics would be an advantage
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of workplace health and safety
- Honest, hardworking and have your own tools (some supplied)
- A mature ‘people’ person – someone who has a fantastic sense of humor
- Willing to work Saturday mornings as required
- Hold a full clean NZ drivers’ licence. Preferably up to Class 5 or be willing to obtain one
- Competitive remuneration based on experience and qualifications
- Trade discounts
- Tool allowance
- Guarantee 42.5 hrs per week (full time, permanent role)
- Modern workshop
- Well supported and friendly team where your efforts will be recognised
- Ongoing training opportunities to support the role and your personal development
- Work/Life balance
- Annual health and well-being check-ups
We operate a drug free workplace and have annual health and well-being checks. Pre-Employment drug testing will be required.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and CURRENTLY LIVE IN NZ.
If you have a positive attitude, are proactive and wish to work somewhere AWESOME – then we would like to hear from you!
Apply now for this role or get more information by emailing Kay Bradley at [email protected]